Sunday, March 8, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes!

Last week we had 6 inches of snow in Asheville. This week the temperature was in the 7o's (20C). I took advantage of this and went on my first motorcycle camping trip of the year. I rode to Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah, NC and camped with four other brave souls. Kickstand Lodge is a motorcycle campground in the western mountains of North Carolina. The daytime temperatures were fine, but it did get a little chilly at night. The weather prediction for the next week in not so good. This may be the last camping for a month or more, but I did get the first one in! As you can see I took the airhead. That motorcycle is 24 years old and still rides like she was new. I will take the GS on the next overnight trip. I love these BMWs!

No comments: