Monday, July 6, 2009

Still Here!

Well the "family" vacation is over and I must say that the frau and I had a good time visiting with the Texas side of the family in Niagara Falls, ON and our subsequent trip to upstate New York. One of the highlights for me on this part of the trip was seeing the sight of the "Miracle on Ice" in Lake Placid, NY.

Now on to the motorcycle part of the summer. My new tires arrived today and tomorrow I will be mounting them on my GS. I will leave Friday for the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Camp in Cruso, NC and then on to the Riders of Knoxville Rally in Del Rio, TN. On Wednesday of next week I will ride to the BMWMOA National in Gray, TN and from there to a state park in West Virginia to rest up and get ready for the BMWRA National. From there I will either head to the Outer Banks of North Carolina or possibly ride the Natchez Trace in Tennessee and Mississippi.

I will NOT be taking the laptop with me as I want to get away from email and most other electonic media on this trip. But, look for a full ride report once I get back. As you know, I like to name my trips (Long Way Round, Solo to the Circle, etc.). This trip will be called Expedition Southeast because I will be riding over much of the Southeastern US. Check back the first week in August!

No comments: