Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Diamondback

The summer riding season is in full swing!!

On Saturday, June 4, 2011 I took a day ride to the Diamondback. It seems all curvy roads in North Carolina have to have a reptilian name these days. The Diamondback is actually 226A between Marion and Little Switzerland. Although it is a good ride I found it to be just like other roads in the area. I guess I have become jaded by living in Motorcycle Disney World.



Somewhere on Highway 80



Somewhere along The Diamondback


Next week I plan on riding the Moonshiner 28. The Moonshiner 28 is Highway 28 between Deal's Gap and Walhalla, SC. Look for that report next week.

In two weeks I am planning my next long ride. My goal is L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland and Labrador. I am not sure how much I will be able to update the blog while on the road. I don't really plan on stay in places that have a lot of Wi-Fi capability. My new cameras are all 14MP and it takes forever to upload photos. What I don't get done on the road I will get done once I'm back home.

No comments: