Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Almost Time!

The last of the vaccinations have been injected.  Yesterday I received my last Hepatitis A/B shot before the trip.  The bike is still at the BMW dealer having a final drive bearing replaced.  Hopefully the cost of prepping the bike does not keep me from making the trip!

On Monday I got news that I have been invited as a VIP to the Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ after returning from Mexico.   I know they offer that to all overlanders that can make it during the expo, but I am treating it as an honor.  I will be able to rub shoulders with the likes of Ted Simon, Tiffany Coates, Austin Vince, and Lois Pryce.  That list reads like a Who's Who of Overland Travel.

Next week will be spent in Germany and after returning I will only have about ten days to make the final preparations.  Stay tuned muchachos!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Wow, hard to believe the time is almost here! Congrats on getting the VIP invite to Overland Expo. They may offer it to everyone, but it still sounds impressive to me! :)