Sunday, April 27, 2008

Wet Weekend


I got a late start on this weekend's trip. We had a field trip and one of my student's parents "forgot" to pick her up. I wound up taking her home with my assistant principal. Anyway, I got home way too late to go to the Spring Fling ant High Country Motorcycle Camp in Ferguson, NC and decide to spend Friday night at home and go for an overnighter to Kickstand Lodge in Stecoah , NC on Saturday.
On Saturday April 26, 2008 I rode to Kickstand Lodge and waited for the rain to end so I could put up my tent. This weekend was the Survivor Rally on Cherokee and the campground had quite a few pieces of American Iron. The campground owner left for the evening and went to the Kenny Wayne Shepard concert at the rally along with more than half of the campers. I stayed and enjoyed the campfire with the remaining campers and went to bed around 11:30PM.
The next morning I awoke, had breakfast, and left. I rode over Mt. Pisgah to get home and what a mistake that turned out to be. Rain and fog!!! Visibility was 10 feet at some places. It is a strange feeling to enter a tunnel and not know it! I was on my airhead and it does not have emergency flashers, so I just put on my left blinker and hoped I would not be hit from behind. I rode out of the fog coming down the mountain and arrived safely home.
Next week is the Georgia Mountain Rally in Hiawassee, GA. Check in next week for more photos and rides!

No comments: