Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Georgia Mountain Rally



I spent the first weekend in May at the Georgia Mountain Rally in Hiawassee, GA. I arrived on Friday and easily found a place to camp. Other years the campground has been packed, but the weather forecast kept several riders away this year. This rally is famous for rain. Some even call it the Georgia Mountain Regatta! Highlights this year were Hawk Hagebak (author of a series of motorcycle touring books), Walt Sweatt's seminar on vintage racing and of course the steak dinner on Saturday night. True to form, it did rain on Saturday, but the rally was not a washout. It was a good chance to meet some new people and renew some old acquaintances. The only down side was my allergies! Camping under the Georgia Pines during allergy season is not a good idea! As a matter of fact, I was so miserable on the way home and the next day that I may skip this rally next year.

No comments: