Friday, December 30, 2011

Tecate, Mexico

No, I have not ridden the bike to Tecate, Mexico, but I did visit Tecate whil spending Christmas with my son and his family in San Diego.  This is somewhat motorcycle related since I wanted to check out the border crossing I will be using when returning to the States in a few months.



My wife and I crossed the border easily and just strolled around looking at the town.  It is amazing how "Mexican" this town is being right on the border.  All in all we spent about three hours and had lunch at a great little outdoor restaurant called Lolo's.  Yes, we ate Mexican food but I was surprised how many Chinese restaurants were there!



Crossing the border back into the US was not so easy.  We could not find the pedestrian crossing at first and had to ask a Mexican border guard (with the biggest dang gun I've seen in some time) how to get back across. He did not speak English and my Spanish is pitiful.  Eventually we saw some folks following yellow arrows on the pavement and decided to follow them.  Voila! The arrows lead to the good ol' U S of A.

Stay tuned as I plan my trip to Central America with a tentative departure date of March 15, 2012.

No comments: