Sunday, August 5, 2012

Guzzis in the Blue Ridge Rally - 2012

No, I don't ride a Guzzi but their rallies are a lot of fun.  Spaghetti, lasagna and Chianti.  This rally is held the first week end August at the Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground in Cruso, NC.  Usually there are more BMWs at this rally than Moto Guzzis but this year may have been different.  There were more of these Italian steeds than I have ever seen in one place.


There was a little rain Friday and Saturday morning but eventually the weather cleared and the temperatures were perfect for camping.  Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground was crowded.


On Sunday I took the Blue Ridge Parkway back home to Asheville.  The is one of the views I was treated to.


Somebody remind me why I live in these mountains!

Next week I will be heading to Boone, NC for the annual BMW Dan'l Boone Rally.  Check back for a report next week!


No comments: