Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Horizons Unlimited North Carolina

The weekend of September 20-23 I spent attending the Horizons Unlimited Traveler's Meeting in Stecoah, NC.  This meeting is very similar to the meeting in Virginia I described a few posts ago.  It is sort of like a family reunion.  To be honest, I see some of these people more than I see some of my family!



The event is held each year at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort.  Did I say "resort"?  Yes, I did!  This venue is absolutely fantastic.  Beautiful facilities.


Traditional picture of my bike and tent.  This time with a can of Chef Boyardee included!
This is what we do.  Stand around and talk about motorcycles.


More standing around talking about motorcycles.

BMW GS sidecar.  This will run you at least a couple of $$.

Demonstration on how to ride with a service dog.

There were a lot of presentations by several travelers.  The presentations covered everything from travel photography to Round the World trips.

My next Horizons Unlimited event will probably be the HU meeting in Virginia next year.  I can't wait to see my friends and fellow travelers!!

I have one more trip to post about and I will be caught up!  I hope to have it up later this week.

Stay tuned!

No comments: