Saturday, August 20, 2011

Horizons Unlimited Traveller's Meeting 2011

Horizons Unlimited held their annual USA East Traveller's Meeting August 4-7 at the Iron Horse Motorcycle Resort in Stecoah, NC. This is an annual meeting of international motorcycle travelers from all over the east coast. I am very lucky to have this event only 80 miles from my home. I have attended the last several years and always learn something new. The day time events are mainly "how to" seminars on tire changing, maintenance, ergonomics, etc. The night time events are more inspirational and motivational. Most presentations are about trips our fellow travelers have made. I presented my "Solo to the Circle" presentation about my 2008 Alaska trip. If you like long distance or international motorcycle travel you owe it to yourself to attend this event next year if you are in the area. Check the web site (a wealth of information) for upcoming meetings and times.


Women discussing their "special needs" when traveling long distances.




Learning how to set the bike up ergonomically for long days in the saddle.



"How to" presentations during the day.


Bikes from all over!

No comments: