Monday, August 8, 2011

The Maritime Tour (Part 7)

I rode back over the Confederation Bridge in time to avoid all the hoopla over Prince William and Princess Kate's visit. Prince Edward Island is a pleasant place, but most of it is heavily cultivated in the rich red soil. Not really a lot to interest a motorcyclist. I backtracked quite a bit and finally arrived at the Cabot Trail.



I joined the trail at the intersection of the trail and 105.I rode about half of the trail and made camp at Chitencamp. I noticed a flag flying in the area. It looked like the French flag, but with a single star.



I asked a park employee about it and he said it was the Acadian flag. This was the the land of my ancestors and I did not realize it! My father's side of the family is Cajun. I believe I am the first in my family to return to our ancestral home. My plan for tomorrow is to complete the Cabot Trail and begin my long, slow journey to the south and west towards home!





No comments: