Thursday, May 3, 2012

Garberville, California


Well, it looks like I picked a good day to rest and write.  In downtown Garberville it is rainy and cold.  The heat is on in the motel room and the bike is getting its first real shower in six weeks.



This town must be on some kind of trail or something.  Something like Hot Springs, NC and the Appalachian Trail hikers.  There are a lot of backpackers walking around in the town.  Some of them look like they have been hiking for months. 

The Weather Channel says the next few days will be dry and warmer.

I know the bike is looking forward to its visit to San Diego after the Overland Expo in Flagstaff, AZ.  She is going to get fresh oil/filter, new gear/neutral indicator sending unit, rear tire, valves and throttle body sync checked, and I'm going to ask if having a rubber ring floating around in the gas tank hurts it or not.  It seems that these monster pump handles in California pushed the rubber grommet on the gas filler opening into my tank.  At least, I think that is what happened.  It was there when I filled up in Oregon and after my first fill up in California it's gone.




No comments: