Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Oregon Coast

I left Portland in the cold and the rain and headed for Tillamook to pick up US 101 and ride down the coast.  It was cold, grey and wet.  From what the locals told me this is nothing unusual for this time of year.




I made it as far as Reedsport where I got a cheap motel with no Wi-Fi.  It didn't matte,r there was a Big Bang Theory marathon on TV and I have come to love that show.  I had never seen it until I was introduced to it by my brother-in-law back on my visit to Texas six weeks ago.  Finally a sitcom with some intelligence!

I got up early the next morning and headed for California.  It was still cold, but dry.  I rode through the Redwood forest and while they were impressive, I still think the Sequoias were more grandiose.

I'm going to hang out in this one horse town for another day and then start riding towards Salinas to visit the National Steinbeck Center.  Maybe I should download Travels With Charley on my Kindle.




No comments: