Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Arches National Park


Today I spent in Arches National Park, a photographer's dream.  The weathering process has shaped the red sandstone in the area into magnificent sculptures and arches.  The park is relatively small and I was able to ride all of it in about three hours.  To photograph this park would take years!





The above arch is the Delicate Arch, the symbol for Utah that can be seen on many of their license plates.



More riding tomorrow and on Friday I will be heading for Mexican Hat, UT.  If you read Neil Peart's book Ghost Rider or have seen Alton Brown's Feasting on Asphalt on the Food Network you know about the Mexican Hat Lodge.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Ahh... Arches National Park - I would love to visit that park. The third photo is great, with the people in it to show how huge those sandstone arches really are. And I love that last photo, it's great! Don't know about the Mexican Hat Lodge, look forward to hearing about it.