Monday, April 23, 2012

Loneliest Road in America


Not much to report today.  I rode the Loneliest Road in America, Highway 50 through northern Nevada.  It was, well, lonely.  Miles and mile of nobody.  I stopped for gas in Eureka.  Cost: $4.55/gallon!


Later, somewhere between Eureka and Austin, I snapped this photo.  Does anyone know where I go the idea for this photo?


I hope to get out of Nevada tomorrow.  No offense to anyone from Nevada, but it seems if you do not gamble there really is not much here to do.  There are gambling machines everywhere:  gas stations, convenience stores, hotel lobbies, restaurants.  I'm no gambler and the noise from the machines really get on my nerves when I am around them.


Brunhilde in front of my cheap motel room in Fernley, NV.

Tomorrow I will probably head for Oregon and the Pacific Northwest.  I need to see a tree!!!!

No comments: